Wednesday 4 January 2012

2011

What a year 2011 turned out to be. 

My dream of being a published author was realised in February when I secured a publishing contract with Etopia Press for my debut novel The Bird With The Broken Wing.

After many, many, many late nights learning the wonderful craft of editing, plus a few set backs with editors suffering pneumonia and undergoing shoulder surgery, The Bird With The Broken Wing was released in September. It received a few good reviews - two 4 star and one 5 star - and I ended the year with 493 fans on my Facebook page.



2011 also had its down sides. My sister-in-law passed away in June, and then my father passed away in October. Their passings left a flat spot and is has been like walking through fog at times.

 But I am an eternal optimist so I never stay flat for long. Which is just as well. 2012 is set to be an busy year for me. I hope to have another novel published early in the year. I also hope to start writing the follow up to The Bird With The Broken Wing.

To everyone who has come along for the ride so far, I hope you've enjoyed it. I'd be glad to have the company for the next twelve months.
Catchya! D L xox

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses this year. Chin up and keep writing because you've had a wonderful writing year in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brinda. Hope you have a good writing your in 2012. Can't wait to read Part 2 in The Whispering Woods series.

    ReplyDelete