Here are few ideas.
1) Signed Postcards of the cover art
2) Hand crafted book marks.
To make bookmarks you will need:· A4 sized cardboard. It’s best to choose a colour that compliments the artwork. To make 6 bookmarks, use a ruler to mark 5cm lengths and fold these lenghts in half.
· Self adhesive magnets. These come in sheets of 50 or 100. I cut mine in half to suit my bookmarks.
· Double sided tape. The type used in scrapbooks and photo albums.
· Artwork. In this case I used my book cover. Art work can be anything – old greeting cards, paper flowers, photos etc.
· Silver pen to add inscription. In this case, I used my initials to autograph.
3) Something that is linked to the story/character, in my case, feather earrings which I purchased, removed from the manufacturer packing and inserted onto my business cards and repackaged in the plastic bags.
4) Business cards
5) Notebooks with business card or postcard or sticker fixed to the front
6) Stickers of the cover art of something linked to the story/characters
7) Candy bag using store purchased candy, plastic bags, ribbons and stickers of cover art
8) Pens with logo or just the name of book to cut down costs
9) Gimmaky items like lip balm, sealed coffee/tea bags, luggage tags, key rings etc with cover art sticker on top of the manufacturer sticker
10) Tote bags to hold all your wonderful goodies
Have fun creating your personalized promotional items.